Wednesday 10 September 2008

Henry Rollins - Murderer Manson Was Penpals With Rollins

Rocker HENRY ROLLINS smitten up a bizarre relationship with cult leader CHARLES MANSON - after the murderer sent him a letter from behind parallel bars.

Former Black Flag frontman Rollins received a note daubed with swastikas from Manson in 1984, and corresponded with him for several months.

Manson, service of process life for seven counts of murder and one of conspiracy to mangle, made a series of warped claims to Rollins, including that the Beach Boys had stolen his songs.

And Rollins admits the letters from the Manson Family religious cult leader made him finger "intense and heavy".

The singer says, "He wrote me a letter out of the juicy once and he said, 'I saw you on MTV and I idea you were pretty cool'. So we corresponded a few times in 1984; I'd just tell him about what we were doing with our newfangled record and he'd direct back semi-lucid responses.

"He made references to the Beach Boys stealth his ideas, which sounded like sour grapes, and told me to secernate everybody else to rent care of wildlife. That must have been the old flower child in him talking.

"At the time, I was identical young and having him write me letters made me feel very intense and heavy. I'd ever know I'd have a letter in my PO Box from him because the woman behind the counter at the post office would give you this terrible look.

"His letters would constantly have swastikas on them so they were easy to spot."





More info